I am a master's student in Computational Linguistics specializing in Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning at the University of Washington. Through my experiences and course work, I have built a Data Pipeline, an Auto Summarization System, and a Genre Classifier. In addition, I have performed analysis on HIV Infection rates, Doctor-Patient Relationships, and Language Perception. At the core of all my experiences is Human Language and the goal of understanding how its used and how we can use it for novel and informative analyses.
- Machine Learning & Statistics
- Research & Experimental Design
- NLP & Computational Linguistics
- Data Mining & Processing
- Visualization & Exploratory Analysis
- HTML, CSS, & jQuery
- NLTK (Natural Language ToolKit)
- SciKit Learn (Machine Learning Toolkit)
- iPython & Jupyter Notebooks
- Version Control (git & svn)
- MapReduce, Hadoop, & Spark
- reStructured Text (rst)
- Praat (Acoustic Analysis)
- Audacity & Ableton (Audio Processing)
- RedCap & XNAT
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT, Access, Outlook)
- English (Native)
- Spanish (Native)
- Mandarin Chinese
- University of Washington
- GPA: 3.74
- July 2016 - Dec 2017
- UC Berkeley
- GPA: 3.50
- Jan 2011 - May 2015
M.S. Computational Linguistics
B.A. Linguistics & Molecular Cellular Biology - Neurobiology
- Walmart Labs
- Sunnyvale, CA
- Oct 2017 - Current
- Redwood City, CA
- June 2017 - Oct 2017
- Model fraud behavior using Neural Networks (CNNs, RNNs, LSTMs).
- Conducted Deep Learning Experiments using PyTorch & TensorFlow on GPU.
Data Science Intern
- Seattle, WA
- Aug 2016 - Nov 2016
- Developed technical documentation for ChatFlow (technical software).
- Created video tutorials explaining ChatFlow and the process of building bots with ChatFlow.
- Designed Conversational Agents for third-parties and integrate them into an Alexa Skill, Facebook Messenger, and Telegram.
- Integrated third-party API's into Dialogue Systems.
Dialog Systems Intern
- SRI International
- Menlo Park, CA
- Aug 2015 - May 2016
- Maintained database and retrieval system.
- Evaluated data quality by leveraging statistic algorithms.
- Created tutorials for python libraries and RedCAP (technical software).
- Developed data pipeline software using Python.
- Resolved data quality issues by coordinating with five data acquisition sites throughout the US.
- UCB Helen Wills Neuroscience
- Berkeley, CA
- Oct 2012 - May 2015
- Formulated research question and experimental design for a Perceptual Experiment.
- Debugged the GUI (graphical user interface) of the experiment.
- Debriefed human subjects about the experiment, goals, and rights as a participant in compliance with HIPAA.
- Collected human perception data using a force-choice paradigm experimental design.
- Presented results using Microsoft Power Point and poster at national conferences (ABCRMS).
- JHU School of Public Health
- Baltimore, MD
- May 2014 - Aug 2014
- Formulated research question and identify key metrics.
- Cleaned and processed text data using Python.
- Identified statistically significant factors associated with Doctor-patient interactions.
- Modeled Doctor-patient interactions using Regression.
- Presented study and results using Power Point and poster at national conferences (SACNAS).
- Wrote study and results in a research paper.
- San Francisco, CA
- May 2012 - Aug 2012
- Performed apoptotic assays measuring impact of cell death on the cellular community.
- Engineered an artificial receptor to test new technology and troubleshoot non-specific binding.
- Presented results using Power Point and poster at symposium.
- Stanford University
- Palo Alto, CA
- June 2009 - Aug 2009
- Engineered artificial protein, transduced the engineered protein into mammalian cells, and visualized the modified cells using microscopy.
- Presented study and results using Power Point and Poster at an university-wide symposium.
- Academic Pediatrics
- Feb 14, 2017
Surveillance or Engagement: Children's Conflicts During Health Maintenance Visits
- NIH-MARC (National Institute's of Health Maximizing Access to Research Careers) Fellowship: 2 years of Research Funding
- UCLEADS (University of California Leadership Excellence through Advanced DegreeS) Fellowship: 2 years of Research Funding
- Biology Scholars Program
- Poster Presentations at SACNAS and ABRCMS (National Conferences)
- Special Merit Poster Presentation Award, UCLEADS Annual Symposium